Florida Pompano Fish Recipes
Grilled Pompano with Lemon
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4 to 8 Minutes per side depending on your grill and heat
What You'll Need:
Salt, Pepper, 2 to 3 Lemons, Parsley
- Heat up the Grill (medium setting is best as not to burn)
- Dry off the Pompano with a paper towel
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each side
- Slice a Lemon in half and squeeze one half lemon on both sides of the fish
- Add Pompano to the Grill and cook to desired doneness
- Flip Pompano over and squeeze the other half of the lemon over the fish and cook until desired doneness.
- Take off of the grill when done and set aside for 3 minutes to rest
- Squeeze some more lemon and salt and pepper to taste and add parsley
- Now Enjoy!
Pan Roasted Pompano & Tikka Masala Veggies
1 Florida Pompano fillet
Tikka Masala Mix
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger (diced)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 ¼ tbsp Garam Masala
- 2 ¼ tbsp ground coriander
- 2 ¾ tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1-14oz can coconut cream (or milk)
- 1-14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup carrots, (sliced 1/4” thick)
Cilantro & Pea Emulsion (0ptional)
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (diced)
- ½ cup olive oil
In a small sauté pan on medium heat, add 1 tsp high temp cooking oil, saute Pompano skin side down for 8-10 minutes, until lightly brown & crispy. Flip and cook with skin side up for 1-2 minutes. Finish with a pinch of salt & pepper.
Tikka Masala Sauce
In a medium pot or high walled sauté pan, add 3 tbsp butter with diced onion & ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add garam masala, coriander, cumin & turmeric, sauté for 2 minutes.
Add coconut cream, diced tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper. Add carrots and cauliflower, simmer for 15 minutes.
Pea & Cilantro Emulsion
Steam peas for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Strain & blend with 1 cup diced cilantro, ½ cup olive oil. Add water as needed to thin to preferred consistence. Salt & Pepper to taste.
Fried Pompano with Caribbean Curry Sauce
Fried Pompano with Sweet and Sour Sauce
Sauteed Pompano with Egg
Sauteed Pompano with Teriyaki Sauce
Sauteed Pompano with Red Sauce
Fresh Fish Recipes - Videos
Other Fresh Fish Recipes